Many runners use Monday as their rest day.
The reason being that Sunday is usually their long run day.
But, just because you run long on Sunday doesn’t mean you need to take a day off on Monday.
I like to get a good jump on the training week with Monday.
5 Ways to Start your Week Strong
- Get a Solid Start–I like to do a 10 mile run on Mondays. It isn’t too long, but it is a good solid start.
- Start with Speed Work–Get a Speed workout checked off the list.
- Strength Train–Mondays are good for doing some upper body or core work.
- Cross Train–If you are recovering from a long run, take an easy bike ride, swim or other form of cross-training.
- Do a Double–Start the week off strong, by running doing a morning run, and follow it up with an evening run.
How do you start your week strong?