Running up hills fast will make you a stronger runner as it increases your strength, endurance and fires new muscles that are not used during flatland running.
Do this simple exercise over the weekend.
Find a hill that takes at least 2 minutes to run up. (It can be longer.)(Trail or Road)
- Warm up–15 to 20 minutes easy running.
- Sprint up the hill for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Walk until you are fully recovered.
- Sprint again for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Fully recover.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Run Easy–15 to 20 minutes
Be sure to follow this workout with a day of with a rest or easy day. Hill Bursts will leave your muscles asking for a break, but they are a sure fire way to get stronger and faster.
Check out these other WOW’s here.
To receive a weekly WOW subscribe below.
Have a great weekend of running!